Sat, Jun 23, 2012 - Sun, Nov 17, 2013
MuseumPLACE is more than an exhibit; it’s a hands-on, participatory experience about the community we call home. MuseumPLACE features a series of thematically-linked, interactive stations and immersive environments designed to engage visitors in activities, challenges and storytelling, while collecting visitor responses to “big idea” questions about our museum’s – and our community’s - future.
• What is a Museum? 100 Years of Art, History and Science- Explore the Neville’s early history up to the present in this photo, artifact and immersive “story tunnel” that links art, history, science and the community into a living experience.
• StagePLACE- An interactive presentation stage featuring live demonstrations, performances, “curators-in-residence” and video focusing on Northeastern Wisconsin arts, culture, history, science and more. We are currently looking for artists to participate in StagePLACE. Click here to learn more!
• The Community Square- Like the village squares-of-old, this rotating exhibit will profile the inspirational people and stories that make our community the vibrant place we all love calling “home,” beginning with the powerful images taken by our community’s youth in “Seeds of Hope.”
• Create Tomorrow: The Community Puzzle- Featuring interactive games and quizzes that challenge the visitor to help create tomorrow: a positive community that meets the needs, hopes and aspirations we all have for the future.
• What’s in the Museum?- From a wall-sized cartoon cutaway, to interactive collections archives to rotating “curator’s choice” objects and artifacts,
• Exploring the River and the Bay- Explore scientific research and monitoring of our most vital natural assets, along with efforts to launch the Fox-Wisconsin River Heritage Parkway.
• Tell Us Your Story- Record your thoughts, opinions and stories in this interactive video recording booth, where you’ll become part of the museum story and our centennial celebration.
• The Packers Heritage Trail- This interactive gateway to the new Packers Heritage Trail will explore the last 50 years of history for this storied team and the community that loves them. Trail maps will be available for those ready to take a walking tour of sites located in our downtown and beyond.
• Where’s the USS Green Bay?- See a model of Patrol Gunboat 101 along artifacts too. Is there a Museum ship in the future of the Neville, docked along the banks of the Fox River?
MuseumPLACE will also feature extensive public programming, including demonstrations, performances and more. See the latest schedule below:
Mondays: Geri Sundstrom, 2 to 4:30
Tuesdays: Amii John, 10 to 1; Kay Eaton, 12 to 5
Wednesdays: Geri Sundstrom, 2 to 4:30; Judi Ribbens, 5 to 8
Thursdays: Amii John, 10 to 1; Molly LeGreve and Marian Puckett, 1 to 4
Fridays: Geri Sundstrom, 2 to 4:30
PLACE: Participatory Learning and Community Exchange
You are also invited to participate in MuseumPLACE! We're looking for vibrant community members to present speeches, demonstrations, or performances which engage audiences in subjects relating to Brown County and Northeast Wisconsin. Click here to learn more!
If you or your group is interested in presenting in the MuseumPLACE exhibit, please fill out the application and return it to Matt Welter at email@example.com.
MuseumPLACE is sponsored by the Wisconsin Public Service Foundation and Green Bay Packaging. This exhibit was supported in part by a grant from the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and the National Endowment for the Arts.